Buying Guide: Advice on Selecting The Right Fitness Trackers
Looking at buying a fitness tracker for a friend, sibling, parent or yourself but not sure where to start? GearBrain will get you up to speed on what to know before buying a fitness tracker, by sorting through all these new connected devices to make it easier to buy the one that meets your needs.
First, where do you start? GearBrain has a number of articles to help you learn more about this market, the type of devices, what they do and how they can help you achieve your fitness goals. If you are at the start of your search, we recommend checking out any of the articles listed below. They will help you get things rolling:
- Fitness Trackers: What You Need To Know Before You Buy
- Top 20 Fitness Trackers Terms You Need to Know
- Activity Trackers Overview: Get Up To Speed On Connected Fitness
- Video: What You Need To Know Before Buying A Fitness Tracker
- How Fitness Apps Can Make You Dump Your Device
- Fitness Trackers: How Do The Latest Exercise Bands Stack Up?
Next up is determining what you want to do with your fitness wearable. Is it swimming or running? Biking or walking? There are a lot of fitness trackers to choose from which are specific to your workout. Here is a list of articles of the best fitness trackers broken down by activity:
- 5 Best Fitness Trackers For Swimmers
- Best Fitness Trackers for Runners
- Garmin Vivoactive: Perfect Fitness Band For The Golfer In Your Life
If you still need help and are looking for a holiday gift idea, this article can help select the right tracker for a fitness enthusiast: Holiday Gift Guide: The Fitness Fanatic. Did you also know that famous designers make fitness bands and connected jewelry? Here are our reviews on trackers for that fashion-conscious person:
Lastly, GearBrain has done some extensive reviews of fitness trackers that we feel are best of breed: devices we recommend. Any of these devices would make a good gift or be the right fit for the individual who is looking to get healthy:
- Withings Go Review: Fitness Tracker Best Suited For Weekend Warriors
- Withings Activité Pop: A Basic, If Not Fashionable, Fitness Tracker
- Jawbone UP3: Fitness Tracker With Stylish Design
- Fitbit Charge HR: A Fitness Tracker Designed For Gym Workouts
- Misfit Shine is a Sleek, Stylish Fitness Tracker For The Swimmer In You
At the end of the day, the most important things to remember when selecting a fitness tracker is to make sure you answer these questions:
- What features do you want?
- Want a screen or no screen?
- What activity will you primarily be tracking?
- What form factor fits you?
- What apps or services are right for you?
If you answer these questions, we are confident they will lead you to selecting the best fitness tracker.