If you're a freelance writer, reporter or journalist and have a story or video idea you'd like to pitch, here's what we're always looking for:
- Great news stories that show how the internet of things is changing the way we live: autonomous cars, virtual reality, smart home products, wearables — if something connects to the internet, and then to you, we're interested.
- How to make a device work in a way we haven't tackled. Think of these as hacks on making your connected life bloom. You want to tell us about IFTTT applets that will make your morning better? We're listening. You want to tell us that Alexa can connect to your Hue light bulbs? Maybe read the site a bit more.
- Reviews of new products, apps, services and gadgets. These are hard to pitch to us, but if you have something you think we should review, let us know why you're the writer to cover this.
- Feature stories about anything related to the above. Tell us about autonomous car trials at the Kennedy Space Center, about VR tattoo parlors, and smart home apps that brew coffee and order robots to bring it to you in bed. We don't know if any of these things are really happening today. But if you have a story that's showing us the future of connected technology: we're listening.
Send short, well-crafted pitches to firstname.lastname@example.org. No marketing pitches please. (For marketing and PR requests read below.) If you're a freelance journalist or reporter, please put "Pitch" in the subject line, and keep your pitch to a few paragraphs: hook us with the story. We'd also like to know why you'd be the best person to write or create a video for this piece. Please include a few links to some clips or videos if you have these.
We do pay for stories, and we can discuss rates if we think your pitch is right for us. We promise to respond to pitches. Just give us a week or two — and you're welcome to ping us again if you haven't heard back by then.
Brands and PR:
Please contact us at email@example.com. If your product or news is right for us, we will get back to you. We're always interested in hearing from new companies, and about upcoming products and technology.
- Freelance Writing Jobs - Freelance writing resources, jobs, gigs and ... ›
- Writers: Ready to Stop Starving? - The Freelance Writers Den ›
- A Simple Explanation Of 'The Internet Of Things' - Forbes ›
- the internet of things | IoT council, a thinktank for the Internet of Things ›
- Internet of Things - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia ›