Apple HomeKit: How Genius Are You?
Apple HomeKit is unlike any other smart home system. Neither a wireless protocol, such as ZigBee or Z-Wave, nor a proprietary system, such as The Home Depot's Wink, Lowe's Iris or Belkin's WeMo, Apple HomeKit is a unique platform and bridge. But will the system work with your connected device?
To help you learn which IoT products link to Apple HomeKit, GearBrain tapped five categories: thermostats, switches, smart plugs, lights and video cameras. Want to test your knowledge? Launch the quiz below to see if you have more to learn—or already qualify for a job at Apple's Genius Bar.
Answers to Questions: 1. Philips Hue, 2. ecobee3 thermostat, 3. Lutron Caseta WiFi Switch, 4. iDevices Smart plug and 5. Nest Cam.
- Use HomeKit-enabled accessories with your iPhone, iPad, and iPod ... ›
- Every single home appliance that works with Apple HomeKit ... ›
- The best Apple HomeKit ready products for your smart home ›
- A List of Apple HomeKit-Compatible Devices | Digital Trends ›
- Home Automation - All Accessories - Apple ›
- Find accessories that work with Apple HomeKit - Apple Support ›