Geeni launches a line of smart home products that includes smart bulbs, cameras and power solutions and are controllable from a single app with no hub required
Like GearBrain on Facebook
New York, NY (January 2017) – Today, the smart home market just got a new player. It's Merkury Innovations, a designer of personal electronics and accessories. They announced today the launch of a new line of smart home products called Geeni.
The new Geeni line includes a range of smart bulbs, cameras, and power solutions. But what makes Geeni different from all the rest of the new smart home products is the fact their products can be controlled via one unified Geeni app. This allows for a convenient and seamless smart home experience. The cloud-based app combines the simplicity of an on/off switch with premium features such as grouping, smart scenes, and robust sharing features.
Geeni bulbs and plugs will also be Alexa compatible, allowing voice control using Amazon Echo, with additional integrations forthcoming. GearBrain is a big believer in using voice to simplify the building of your smart home. Having no complicated hubs or gateways required to use Geeni is a good idea; each Geeni device is smart enough to connect directly to your home Wi-Fi network.
Geeni products will be available in Q1 of 2017. Here is a brief description on each one:
With Geeni, your lighting can be controlled from anywhere, set to turn on/off on a schedule, and controlled in groups for maximum customization. Unlike other smart bulbs on the market, the Geeni bulbs are shaped like conventional lightbulbs so that light comes out of a larger surface area, resulting in light that is more evenly distributed and bright enough to replace traditional household lights.
- Designed to replace the most popular traditional household bulbs:
- Lux 800 & 1050: 800lm (60W-equivalent) and 1050lm (75W-equivalent) to replace traditional bulbs (MSRP: $24.99 - $29.99)
- Lux DROP: 750lm (65W-equivalent) drop light bulbs for ceiling fixtures (MSRP: $29.99)
- Lux FLOOD: 950lm (75W-equivalent) for floodlight fixtures (MSRP: $29.99).
- Lux 800 is dimmable via app. Other models allow adjustment of white color temperature (Tempjust) in addition to dimming.
- LED bulbs with customizable white or color settings - choose from millions of vibrant colors.
- Models available with 450 (45W-equivalent) & 1050 lm (75W-equivalent) white brightness to replace regular bulbs while offering full color and mood controls.
- Prisma 450 MSRP $24.99, Prisma 1050 MSRP $34.99
Geeni smart plugs let you turn any plugged-in electronics on and off from anywhere with the easy-to-use Geeni App. Have the coffee pot going without getting out of bed or turn the humidifier on so your home is perfect when you return. Time your electronics to perfectly fit your schedule.
- Turn all plugged-in electronics on and off from anywhere with the Geeni app, or set them to turn on/off on schedules
- MSRP $19.99
- Smart plug + energy meter
- Control and track energy use from anywhere - save money, energy, and the environment
- MSRP $24.99
- Smart surge protector with 4 outlets and 4 USBs
- Control each plugged in device individually, using the app
- MSRP $49.99
- Take safety and peace of mind with you with the Vision smart camera.
- See what's happening in your home, anytime, anywhere
- 1080p full HD camera with night vision capabilities for the best quality video
- Motion notification alerts to your phone give you peace of mind
- Easily record and playback from micro SD cards
- Built-in microphone and speaker allow you to communicate remotely through the camera
- Sleek and compact design, available in Pure White or Night Grey
- MSRP $89.99
To learn more about Geeni smart home products, visit Geeni site.
Like GearBrain on Facebook