The Dser RoboGeek 23T is a budget smart vacuum designed to vacuum rugs and hard wood floors that can work with Amazon's smart assistant Alexa. While the company doesn't promise to connect to Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant, the two more prominent smart home smart assistants, we were able during our tests to connect the robot vacuum to Amazon's A.I. — but it took a little sleuthing, and a bit of maneuvering around the app.
Alexa does not have a Dser Alexa Skill that connects to the 23T. You're going to have to use an intermediary app called Tuya Smart. This app acts like a middle man to link many smart home devices together. And you're correct in thinking that nowhere on the Dser web site, nor on any of the Amazon listings, does it mention using the TuyaSmart app. We found this through a search, which led us to a video on how to create this connection.
To link the Dser 23T to Amazon Alexa, you need to get Bluetooth connecting againGearBrain
Here's how to link Alexa to the Dser 23T:
- Download the Tuya Smart app to your smartphone through either the Apple App Store or Google Play for Android devices, and set up an account. Enable Bluetooth. You're going to need to create a password too.
- Link the Dser robot to the Tuya Smart app over Bluetooth through the Tuya Smart app.
- To launch a Bluetooth signal on the 23T, press both buttons on the top of the Dser 23T at the same time until the Wi-Fi symbol at the top of the robot blinks very rapidly.
- Follow instructions in the Tuya Smart app to allow it to locate the Dser 23T.
- It should appear as "23T' in the Dser app. Leave it as this name or rename it — but this will be the name you'll use with Alexa.
Next, go to the Alexa app so you can connect Alexa to the Tuya Smart app. To do this:
- Go to Home, then click "More"
- Next click on "Skills & Games," and then "Discover."
- Now, click on the magnifying glass icon at the top right and type in the name "Tuya Smart"
- Download the Skill, and then sign into the Tuya Smart app.
From there, you can ask Alexa to start the 23T. We got this up and running, but be warned we did have some trouble with it working every time. We wouldn't consider the Dser 23T to be a perfect smart device, but it will connect with some effort.
dser RoboGeek 23T Robot Vacuum, 2200Pa Super Suction, Wi-Fi Connected + dser RoboGeek 21T Robot Vacuum, 1600Pa Super Suction, Wi-Fi Connected
- Dser RoboGeek 23T Review: A $220 budget, no-frills robot vacuum ... ›
- Dser RoboGeek 23T Review: A $220 budget, no-frills robot vacuum - Gearbrain ›