As we get closer to the holiday shopping season and. you are thinking of building a home theatre system, there are a several elements to consider to get the best listening and viewing experience for your space. For instance, do you already have a streaming media device? Do you want a streaming media device built-in to your smart TV? Do you want a new smart TV? Are you interested in Dolby Atmos, or a TV that has 4K or 8K? And if you already use a voice assistant, do you want a system that works with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, Samsung's SmartThings or LG's ThinQ?
GearBrain can help you figure out everything you need to know about these devices, and even how to put them together in our Connected Home Theatre Guide. We'll can also help you find the best deals for each of these connected home theatre devices as well, so you can build the home setup that's right for you and your smart home.
Streaming Media Devices
As more consumers cut the cord and get their content from streaming media services, there are a number of viable streaming media devices they can consider. There are devices made by Roku, Apple, Amazon and Google (Chromecast), to name just a few. Listed below are the best deals we have found for the month of March at Walmart, Best Buy and Amazon:
- Fire TV Stick 4K with Alexa Remote – $34.99, 30% off
- Fire TV Stick Lite with Alexa Remote – $21.99, 27% off
- Roku Streaming Stick+ | HD/4K/HDR Streaming Device - $39.99, 11% off
- Roku - Ultra Streaming Device 4K/HDR/Dolby Vision, Voice Remote with Headphone Jack, Lost Remote Finder - $69.99, $30 savings
- Google Chromecast with Google TV – 4K - $49.99
- Google Chromecast 3rd Gen - $29.99
- Amazon Fire TV Stick Lite with Alexa Voice Remote Lite - $21.99, $8 off
- Amazon - Fire TV Blaster - Black - $24.99, $10 savings (Clearance)
Fire TV Cube, Hands-free streaming device with Alexa, 4K Ultra HD
Smart Connected Speaker
To get the best sound for your connected home theatre system, smart speakers are a great choice. These connected devices work on a wireless link and support voice control of various systems, including a smart TV. They can also control streaming media devices, as well as the content you stream. Smart speakers also come in different shapes, sizes, and brands with options including Apple, Google and Amazon. Here are the best deals we have found for smart speakers in March:
- Samsung - 7.1-Channel Soundbar with Dolby 5.1/DTS Virtual:X- $279.99, $220 off
- VIZIO - 5.1.2-Channel M-Series Soundbar with Wireless Subwoofer, Dolby Atmos and DTS:X - $349.99, $150 savings
- Package: Apple HomePod Mini and Wemo Smart Plug - $119.98, $5 savings
- Sony - 3.1-Channel Soundbar with Wireless Subwoofer and Dolby Atmos/DTS:X - $499,99, $100 off
- Google Nest Mini (2nd Gen) - $24.98, 50% off
- SAMSUNG HW-A40M 2.1 Channel Soundbar with Wireless Subwoofer and Dolby Audio - $134, 10% off
A great screen is a solid addition to a connected home theater system, pairing with both smart controls and sound. Televisions have morphed from big picture tubes to smart connected devices with powerful operating systems that can create the ultimate viewing experience. Some can act as a hub for a smart home too, as they connect to the internet and are compatible with Alexa and Google Assistant platforms. Here are some of the deals we found on smart TVs from leading brands including Sony, LG and Samsung, as well as newer ones from Vizio and Hisense.
- Sony X900H 65 inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV - $1,198, 14% off
- Sony X85J 55 Inch TV: 4K Ultra HD LED Smart Google TV - $848, 15% off
- Sony X90J 65 Inch TV: BRAVIA XR Full Array LED 4K Ultra HD Smart Google TV - $1,198, 20% off
- Samsung Q70T Series QLED 4K UHD Smart TV - $1,199.99, $100 off
- Hisense - 70" Class A6G Series LED 4K UHD Smart Android TV - $579.99, $270 off
- Vizio 70" V-Series Led 4K UHD SmartCast TV - $617.99, $32 off
- Insignia 50" Class F30 Series LED 4K UHD Smart Fire TV - $349.99, $100 off
To learn about more about how to buy a smart TV, visit GearBrain's The complete jargon-busting guide to buying a new television in 2021. You will learn everything you need to know about buying a smart TV as well as details about features including HDR, Ultra HD, OLED, ports and apps.
Check out The GearBrain, our smart home compatibility find engine to find the perfect smart TV and home theatre system as well as compatible products that work with Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa enabled devices.
How to find a smart tv with built-in technology like Chromecast, Apple Airplay, Alexa and more. www.youtube.com